Some people think happiness is illusive, but I'm here to change your mind and give you the answer in 2 simple steps.
There are just two components which will help you enormously to find happiness: Your thoughts and your actions!
Have you ever heard the saying: "It's the thought that counts". I believe a truer word (or words) have never been spoken. It is critically important to be aware of your thoughts because what you are thinking about on a consistent basis is likely what you will get on a consistent basis.
The other critical component is: taking action!
These two relatively simple strategies will assist you to find happiness every day of your life.
If you commit to combine thoughts and actions you will undoubtedly join the ranks of those who 'intend to be happy'.
By taking small steps regularly, you can over ride your tendency to feel depressed. It may take regular practice on a consistent daily basis, and you may find that not all days will be easy, but it is well worth the effort to find happiness and to increase your chances of living a happy and good life.
Here are some tips to help to get you started:
- Try to find the time to do something that interests you...action is much more likely to boost your mood than doing nothing. It may be as simple as going out for a cup of coffee with a friend or taking a walk.
- When you set bigger goals, be sure to break them down into small, achievable goals; so when you do something towards your goal, just do it in manageable bits, and don't be disappointed if it takes a little longer than expected, you are still moving towards achieving your goal.
- It will be easier to work towards something that means a lot to you; achieving something really important to you is a very strong source of happiness and well-being and will bring a great deal of satisfaction.
- It's important to start some form of action, however small it may seem at the time, something that will create a meaning for you, family or friends, and provide you with renewed hope for happiness. Equally important is that you do some exercise every day, or any form of healthy activity such as walking out in the fresh air.
- It is also a good idea to take time out to meditate or just relax by looking out a window to take in the wonder of nature or reading an uplifting book, or having a massage. (these things can be done without even moving!)
- Do something kind for someone else, you'll be surprised how grateful they are, and you will enjoy seeing them smile. Random acts of kindness are always good for your well-being.
- Take time to nurture a talent or skill that you may have. This will give you confidence and will naturally enhance positive emotions.
- Chill out and have fun. You might like to watch a funny movie, go bowling, or play a game.
If you find yourself stuck and can't think of anything at all to do, try calling a friend and asking for some suggestions!
So go enjoy yourself...do something now and start finding happiness!